Coca-Cola Joins Aboitiz Portfolio

Coca-Cola Joins Aboitiz Portfolio

The Aboitiz Group, a major Philippine conglomerate, and its European partner, Coca-Cola Europacific Partners Plc. (CCEP), have officially acquired Coca-Cola Beverages Philippines Inc. (CCBPI) for P100 billion. The transaction was finalized on Friday, February 23, 2024, after all necessary conditions were met.

Aboitiz Takes 40%, CCEP Holds 60%

Under the terms of the agreement, Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (AEV) acquired a 40% stake in CCBPI, while CCEP secured the remaining 60%. This marks a significant expansion for the Aboitiz Group, adding the iconic Coca-Cola brand to its diverse portfolio.

Coca-Cola: Long History of Ownership Changes

CCBPI has a rich history of ownership changes. Previously owned by US-based The Coca-Cola Co., the company boasts a vast supply chain network with 19 plants and 73 production lines.

Impact on the Philippine Beverage Industry

The acquisition is expected to have a major impact on the Philippine beverage industry. With Aboitiz and CCEP’s combined expertise and resources, CCBPI is poised for further growth and innovation.

Further Developments to Be Seen from Coca-Cola Deal

The long-term implications of this deal remain to be seen. However, it is clear that the acquisition marks a significant milestone for both Aboitiz and the Coca-Cola brand in the Philippines.


Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (AEV) is the publicly listed holding and investment management company of the Aboitiz Group. AEV is a major player in the Philippine stock market, boasting a diverse portfolio across several key industries. As the investment arm of the Aboitiz Group, it holds stakes in power, banking, food, infrastructure, and data science & AI sectors.

Investors looking at AEV should consider its strong track record and established presence in key Philippine sectors. The company also emphasizes sustainability and social responsibility, which can appeal to environmentally and ethically conscious investors. However, potential risks include dependence on the Philippine economy and the competitive nature of its various industries. Ultimately, AEV’s stock performance will depend on its ability to navigate these challenges and capitalize on growth opportunities within its portfolio.



Leave a Reply

Please fill in all the fields. Those marked * are required.